Covid-19 Face Masks from July 24th 2020 Onwards.
Please find below the statement regarding the use of face masks whilst inside our reception building. We thank you for your co-operation with this.
Following on from the recent UK Government’s amended guidance and new rules on the use of personal facemasks, we have
reviewed our procedures regarding the wearing of facemasks at Eriswell Lodge.
The UK Government has ruled the following:
• Face coverings must be worn in enclosed public spaces in England from 24 July.
• This includes shops, supermarkets, shopping centres, banks, building societies and post offices. It extends to train and bus
stations and airports.
• Customers must wear a face covering before entering any shop and must keep it on until they leave.
• Those who fail to wear a mask could be fined up to £100, or £50 if they pay within 14 days. The rules will be enforced by the
police, not shop workers, and only ”as a last resort”.
• Shop workers will not have to wear coverings.
In lieu of these new rules, Eriswell Lodge will be implementing all of the above as a standard rule at Eriswell Lodge when entering
the Reception building to sign in, regardless of all other protective measures. It is not required to wear a facemask outside.
Therefore, we are requiring all persons to wear a mask when entering the Reception building, with the exception of the
• Children under 11
• Those unable to put on or wear a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or disability
• People for whom wearing or removing a face covering will cause severe distress
• Anyone assisting someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
You can take off your mask if:
▪ You need to eat, drink, or take medication (the mask must be immediately put back on following this)
▪ A police officer or other official asks you to or if shop staff need to verify your age or identity (particular emphasis on the
purchase of shotgun cartridges and licenses) (the mask must be immediately put back on following this).
▪ You are entering a shop to avoid harm and you do not have a mask on you
▪ Children under three should not wear face masks as they could cause choking and suffocation, Public Health England says.
We at Eriswell Lodge take the personal safety of all our staff and customers extremely seriously, and should anyone refuse to
wear a facemask when entering the Reception building, they will be asked to leave site immediately. Please be aware that this
may also jeopardise your ability to return in future.
We will have disposable facemasks available if you have forgotten yours, you will need to request this before entering the
building, and one will be provided for you.
We ask all our customers to please respect and adhere to this new rule, and to help us keep everyone as safe as we possibly can.
Should anyone have any queries regarding this statement, please either call 01638 534045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
and request to speak to/mark the email for the attention of Stuart.
Thank you all for your continued co-operation and support during these troubled and uncertain times.